Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 2014 21:54:03 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Julien Grall <julien.grall@linaro.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Device Tree mailing

On Mar 2, 2014, at 9:38 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@linaro.org> =
wrote:

>=20
> On 03/03/14 10:45, Warner Losh wrote:
>>=20
>> On Mar 2, 2014, at 7:13 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@linaro.org> =
wrote:
>>=20
>>> Hello all,
>>>=20
>>> A device tree ML has been created to discuss about binding =
specification.
>>=20
>> Already subscribed a while ago :)
>>=20
>>> As discussed on a previous thread [1], FreeBSD device tree binding =
doesn't always match bindings used by all the boards. It prevents =
FreeBSD to boot out-of-box (e.g. without a modified DT).
>>=20
>> A situation we=92d like to correct. I believe the issues from that =
thread had been
>> corrected (it was a simple bug), and generally we are striving to =
have the standard
>> DTB work correctly. While we may fall short in a couple of areas, =
those are
>> simple bugs that should be highlighted.
>=20
> I haven't check the FreeBSD for a month now. I saw that Nathan has =
reworked FDT code since this thread, thanks to him.
>=20
> The bug where FreeBSD were not able to deal with #interrupt-cells > 2 =
seems to be fixed (I haven't had time to verify it).

Cool! If there=92s a problem, please let us know=85 Atmel (my main focus =
these days for somewhat crazy reasons) uses interrupt-cell =3D=3D 3,
but I haven=92t tested it to know that it works, just that it doesn=92t =
crash right away...

> I think the issue on device enumeration from the DT is still there. I =
will have to give a try to be sure.

Yea, there still might be ordering issues there. We=92re working on a =
possible solution to that which works for Atmel and should work for =
others.

Warner

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-xen/2014-January/001974.html