Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:08:38 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with php5 upgrade

I recently portupgraded a box and now I'm having problems with two ports that
fail to upgrade; devel/php5-spl and security/php5-filter.  Both of them fail
because they can't find the pcre header file.  According to UPDATING, pcre is
now distributed as part of the core install of php5

I've deleted php5-pcre and run pkgdb -F but I'm still having problems with
those two ports.  I followed the instructions in UPDATING for the pecl has and
json ports, and those worked fine.  For some reason these two ports can't find
that header file.  Will deinstalling and reinstalling php6 fix the problem?  Is
there another way to fix it?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst
Check the headers before clicking on Reply.