Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:06:25 +0100
From:      Goran Lowkrantz <glz@hidden-powers.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>, Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zio->io_cv deadlock

--On February 12, 2009 5:07:43 +1100 Peter Jeremy
<peterjeremy@optushome.com.au> wrote:

> On 2009-Feb-08 22:59:31 -0600, Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm playing with a -CURRENT install from a couple of weeks ago.
>> Everything  seems okay for a few days, then eventually every process
>> ends up stuck in  zio->io_cv. If I go to the console, it's responsive
>> until I try logging in,  then login is stuck in zio->io_cv as well.
>> Ctrl-Alt-Esc drops me into ddb,  but then ddb hangs instantly.
>
> I think I've seen this as well, though I can't be sure because X.org 7.4
> had trashed my console output.  Definitely, I could enter DDB but the
> crashdump I requested (blind) never appeared.  I don't believe I was
> doing anything unusual (other than trying to use X.org 7.4).

I see this now and then in single-user mode during make installworld,
ezjail-admin update -i or in multi-user when building a system in the
background and updating ports at the same time.

I have an USB keyboard and have not been able to break into the debugger
with that, have legacy mode enabled in the bios (award).

Anyone know how to send break from USB tgb?

/glz