Date:      Mon, 9 May 2011 15:44:57 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie Needing Help

>> There's also ee in the base system, which is good enough for editing
>> configuration files, and is much easier for a casual user. The benefits
>> of vi and emacs are mostly for developers.
>
> It's not just for software development. =A0I use Vim for writing code, bu=
> I also use it for writing in English -- professional work on articles,
> development of traditional (non-computer) RPG systems, fiction,
> configuration files, notes to myself, and composing emails (including
> this one).
>
> --

I have seen vi vs emacs, kde vs gnome, but vim is different from vi correct=
?
It is dfferent from system to system.  There are like different versions
vi and vim is vi improved right?

By the way, I remember a quote:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Hello.  My $NAME is ~inigo-montoya.  You killed my process.  Prepare
to vi.  --The Unix's Bride
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
http://www.nancybuttons.com/catalog.cgi?o_custom=3D&o_selected=3D1469:1&act=
ion=3Dbrowse&action_mod=3Dshow&cat=3Dcro

Regards.

Antonio