Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2008 22:20:58 +0000
From:      Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Darwin Calendar Server not starting - Kerberos problem

I've just been trying to get a calendar server running for my network, and =
have tried a couple of options including webcalendar, and an apache calDAV =
module (this won't build due to a lack of xattr.h.

I ended trying to build the Darwin Calendar Server based on these instructi=
ons (http://www.royhooper.ca/blog/articles/2007/07/07/installing-the-darwin=
-calendar-server-on-freebsd) which were quite reasonable, and which I final=
ly worked out (see freebsd-ports list). But it won't start. It loops saying=
 that kerberos is not supported.

According to the instructions, kerberos needs to be there, but not configur=
ed. So I didn't configure it originally, but when it failed I tried configu=
ring it. I started it, but it fails again saying its incorrectly configured=
, and I have no idea whats wrong. Apparently the database is not operationa=
l or something which I can't work out as I have no idea about kerberos and =
I followed the instructions in the handbook.

Any ideas? What info do I need to post? Thanks in advance guys
Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it! Find it at www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau=
%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=3D764565661&_r=3D=
OCT07_endtext_Future&_m=3DEXT=