Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:09:46 +0000
From:      "Marwan Sultan" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portsentry question.

Hello Everyone,

    I have up and running freebsd 4.8-R
    recently i installed portsentry from my updated ports,

   I configured portsentry.conf to add the blocked IPs to ipfw.

  also I added all my allowed IPs to portsentry.ignore

when I ssh to the box It works fine, but when I surf the web from any other
machine
outside local network to www.mydomain.com
it add me to the blocked list (ipfw) as an ip trying to scan port 80.

also when i try to localy surf the web from the box it self - lynx
mydomain.com
the box add it self to the blocked list ipfw deny localhost ip, then
ofcourse all the machine
hangs..although i added the C class machine xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24 ips to the
portsentry.ignore file.

any ideas what to do?
to make people looking at the webpages normally, using the webemail client
normally,
in the same time to block any scan attempts?

any better package to do so?

take a note its a commercial server use, running apache, email clients, no
anonymous.

Thank you sso much in advance.

Marwan