Date:      Thu, 21 Apr 2016 01:46:01 +0300
From:      Vitaliy T <vitaliy.tokarev@gmail.com>
To:        anonymous <johnandsara2@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dialog(1) is too old on 10.3

On 20 April 2016 at 20:19, anonymous <johnandsara2@cox.net> wrote:

> it sounds like to me both are too new, meaning: it was working and the
> "new staff" broke it, leaving "insomnia" as the name of the uploader
> (obviously the old invoking unit abided by the old rules and was hacked not
> to)
>
> you should not ignore that might mean someone is allowing regressions
> wontonly, but it does not prove it either

It is a "normal" situation, there are more important job, as always been. I
just noted that the package is old, and not just because it was released 3
years ago, but also contains a regression with really weird behavior.

You are correct, I do not know who is responsible for updating the
"contrib/*" tree. Just because I've not found any reports about this issue
I said "look guys, here is a problem, if you have a time, please, fix it".
And nothing more. If no one except me is bother about this, well, ok.

If no one tells you about a problem then it will be never been fixed, right?

Thanks.

--
With Best Regards,
Vitaliy V. Tokarev