Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:00:39 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox@gmail.com>
Cc:        William Grzybowski <wg@freebsd.org>, ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: multimedia/tvheadend fails under FreeBSD 9.2-stable

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Bernhard Fr=F6hlich <decke@bluelife.at> wr=
ote:

> Am 10.02.2014 20:22 schrieb "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <tingox@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Bernhard Fr=F6hlich <decke@bluelife.at>
>> wrote:
>> >

>> > There is definitely something wrong with your box. The ffmpeg option i=
>> > on
>> > so there should be a dependency for ffmpeg1 but I don't see any check
>> > for it
>> > in your output and the confogure check for ffmpeg is also failing.
>>
>> Are you saying that a port named 'ffmpeg*' should be installed?
>> Because on the 10.0 box (where tvheadend did install), there isn't any
>> ffmpeg ports installed:
>> root@kg-v7# uname -a
>> FreeBSD kg-v7.kg4.no 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Thu
>> Jan 16 22:34:59 UTC 2014
>> root@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
>>
>> root@kg-v7# cd /usr/ports/multimedia/tvheadend
>> root@kg-v7# make showconfig
>> =3D=3D=3D> The following configuration options are available for
>> tvheadend-3.4.0.20130726.3_4:
>>      AVAHI=3Doff: Zeroconf support via Avahi
>>      DVBCSA=3Don: Replace internal ffdecsa with dvbcsa
>>      FFMPEG=3Don: FFmpeg support (WMA, AIFF, AC3, APE...)
>> =3D=3D=3D> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
>>
>> root@kg-v7# portversion -v tvh*
>> [Reading data from pkg(8) ... - 316 packages found - done]
>> tvheadend-3.4.0.20130726.3_4  =3D  up-to-date with port
>>
>> root@kg-v7# portversion -v *ffm*
>> [Reading data from pkg(8) ... - 316 packages found - done]
>> ** No matching package found: *ffm*
>>

>> > So either the ports dependency on ffmpeg1 is broken or you have quite
>> > badly
>> > broken/misconfigured your box.
>>
>> The box has been upgraded with standard tools (ie. svn, make world).
>> The ports on said box has also been upgraded with standard tools
>> (portsnap, portupgrade), including reading /usr/ports/UPDATING and
>> taking actions where appropriate.
>>
>> So I tried
>> ports-mgmt/pchecker - it didn't report anything interesting
>> pkg_libchk (from sysutils/bsdadminscripts) - it didn't find anything
>> interesting
>>
>> Any hints on how to find out what's broken?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Torfinn Ingolfsen
>
> I already see what's wrong and it's a mistake in the port. I will fix tha=
> tomorrow.

Well I'm a bit pissed now because wg@ has broken the port [1] but in such
a way that I didn't notice it up to now. He has changed the dependency
from ffmpeg1 to ffmpeg and removed the configure checks which cannot
work because ffmpeg does not compile with ffmpeg 2.x. Since he has
also removed ffmpeg1 I don't see a chance how to fix it unless I feel brave
enough to bring back ffmpeg1 or add support for ffmpeg 2.x to tvheadend.
Both seems unrealistic to me right now so I had to remove the FFMPEG
option in the port and the dependency to ffmpeg completely and disable
libav to ensure that it doesn't try to use an installed ffmpeg 2.x.

So this is the situation right now in 3.4.0.20130726.3_5 and it should
build fine but you loose all the functionality that requires libav.

[1] http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=3Drevision&revision=3D331762

--=20
Bernhard Fr=F6hlich
http://www.bluelife.at/