Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2013 23:37:27 +0200
From:      Gianni Vialetto <g.vialetto@gmail.com>
To:        Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com>
Subject:   Re: Since SquirrelMail Looks Like It Will Never Be Supported Again...

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Tim Daneliuk <tundra@tundraware.com> wrote:
> SquirrelMail seems to be forever on hold because of an incompatibility
> with PHP 5.  So I am going to have to replace it as our Webmail
> interface.
>
> So, I'm looking for recommendation from the tribe here on what I
> should use instead:
>
> 1) Easy to use.  Mostly this gets used by people when they are away
>    from the office and then only occasionally.
>
> 2) It would be really nice if the program could import the
>    Thunderbird Address Book.
>
> 3) Easy to install and maintain.

Roundcube mail [1] should fit 1 and 2.
For 3 i remember it could not do that directly (you had to convert the
exported thunderbird contacts file into vcards), but maybe something
changed since the last time i've installed/used it.

[1] http://roundcube.net

--
Gianni Vialetto
"To see things in the seed, that is genius." - Lao Tzu