Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2016 12:30:27 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
Subject:   Re: What are current dependencies of cd9660 kernel module?

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl> wrote:

> Something changed in 10-STABLE, I had the same config for modules
> for a long time, and I cannot load cd9660 now,
>
> kernel: KLD cd9660.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version
> mismatch
> kernel: linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
>
> /boot/kernel $ ls -a
> .                     geom_md.ko      linker.hints    ng_socket.ko
> snd_uaudio.ko   wlan_ccmp.ko
> ..                    i915kms.ko      msdosfs.ko      ng_tee.ko
>  udf.ko               wlan_tkip.ko
> cd9660.ko       if_ath.ko       netgraph.ko     procfs.ko
>  uhci.ko             wlan_wep.ko
> drm2.ko         if_ath_pci.ko   ng_iface.ko     pseudofs.ko     umass.ko
> ehci.ko         if_em.ko        ng_ksocket.ko   rc4.ko          ums.ko
> fdescfs.ko      if_fwe.ko       ng_mppc.ko      sbp.ko          usb.ko
> firewire.ko     if_fwip.ko      ng_ppp.ko       sbp_targ.ko     wlan.ko
> fuse.ko         kernel          ng_pptpgre.ko   snd_hda.ko
> wlan_amrr.ko

Check the dates on /boot/kernel/.kernl and /boot/kernel/cd9660.ko. It looks
like your kernel modules are not getting updated. Unless you elided a
portion of the "ls -a", a lot of modules are missing. There should be well
over 400 modules in /boot/kernel. CD9660 is also in GENERIC, so should be
in the kernel unless you have edited your conf to remove "options CD9660".

Looks like a bad "make buildkernel" or a really unusual configuration.
Dependencies are defined in /sys/conf/files*. There is a files and several
arch dependent files.arch files, but only the base /sys/conf/files
references CD9660 and I see no specific dependencies other than the kernel,
though, to actually use a CD, options like CAM are probably required.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com