Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2018 16:33:12 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Very frequent "log_in_vain" messages

On any given day I log betwen 30 and several hundred messages similar to
this:
TCP: [137.200.39.19]:443 to [192.168.1.5]:39576 tcpflags 0x12<SYN,ACK>;
tcp_input: Connection attempt to closed port

The remote port is always 80 or 443. They usually show up in bursts of over
a dozen, probably re-transmits. They come feom a variety of sources; in
this case the Social Security Administration, with which I have been in
contact.

I am running 11-Stable and started getting these  several months ago. I
neglected to note just when, but probably after 11.1-RELEASE, but well
before 11.2-RELEASE.

This may be FreeBSD, but it may also be tied to Firefox.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm not sure how common it is to run
log_in_vain, so it may be common, but little noticed.

Thanks for any clues about this.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com