Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2019 09:55:01 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Yetoo Happy <yetoohappy@gmail.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question regarding ffmpeg dependencies

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 9:10 AM Yetoo Happy <yetoohappy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see packages related to qt4-* aren't listed as dependencies on
> freshports, however when I turn on many compile settings I find packages
> such as qt4-corelib, qt4-rcc, qt4-moc, etc..  as a dependency. Before I try
> troubleshooting, would anyone happen to know what configuration option
> would cause qt4 to be a dependency?

How are you determining the dependency?  ffmpeg has never, as far as I
know, depended on any qt4 ports and it certainly can't today as they were
all deleted from ports some months ago.

Is your ports tree up to date? If you see any qt4 stuff, it is almost
certainly very old. It is likely to result in the installation of old code
wiih bugs an vulnerabilities and will likely cause failures when the
distributions for old code versions are not still available.

ffmpeg does have a very large number of build options and I certainly have
nor tried all possible combinations, but only a handful have any
association with display that might be associated with an X display toolkit.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com