Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:38:29 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        vermaden <vermaden@interia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: devd based AUTOMOUNTER

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 12:43 AM, vermaden <vermaden@interia.pl> wrote:
> new version with new features (and BUGs ;p)
>
> Added check if ntfsfix from sysutils/ntfsprogs is available, if Yes then
> try to fix the NTFS filesystem before mouting it.
>
> Added GPL3 License ... just joking ;) ... added FreeBSD License to the fi=
le.

> Added 'noatime' as a default mount option when possible.
>
> Added TIMEOUT so when an 'orphan' STATE file lock remains, it will be del=
eted after a TIMEOUT.

> Added /usr/local/etc/devd/automount.devd file instead of messing with the=
 base system config at /etc/devd.conf.

> Added config file to be used from /usr/local/etc/automount.conf file, pos=
sible options are (these are defaults):
> =C2=A0MNTPREFIX=3D"/media"
> =C2=A0LOG=3D"/var/log/automount.log"
> =C2=A0STATE=3D"/var/run/automount.state"
> =C2=A0ENCODING=3D"en_US.ISO8859-1"
> =C2=A0CODEPAGE=3D"cp437"
> =C2=A0DATEFMT=3D"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"
> =C2=A0USERUMOUNT=3D"NO"
>
> Mine config currently has only these:
> =C2=A0ENCODING=3D"pl_PL.ISO8859-2"
> =C2=A0CODEPAGE=3D"cp852"
> =C2=A0USERUMOUNT=3D"YES"
>
> The USERMOUNT otions if set to YES (default to NO) will 'chmod +s /sbin/u=
mount',
> so You can click the ^ button on the devices list in NAUTILUS.
>
> These newly mounted devices appear on NAUTILUS sidebar (only with /media =
prefix).

> But THUNAR and PCMANFM does not do that, You know any other FMs that disp=
lay mounted thumb drives/devices?

Konqueror (KDE 3.x and 4.x) and Dolphin (KDE 4.x mainly, but I believe
there's a KDE 3.x version) also show automatically mounted and
removable media in the sidebar.  Works nicely with HAL.  Haven't
tested your script yet, but am intrigued by it.  Will see if I can
test it sometime this week.

Native solutions are so much nicer than ported ones.  :)

--=20
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com