Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 2016 08:34:05 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD ports list !!!!" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [moved from toolchain] GCC5: pkg vs. ports

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 6:59 AM, William A. Mahaffey III <wam@hiwaay.net>
wrote:

> On 02/03/16 08:49, Torsten Zuehlsdorff wrote:
>

>> On 03.02.2016 15:18, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>>
>>> When I checked the port w/ make showconfig. it shows graphite enabled.
>>>

>> make showconfig shows the configuration at your *local* portstree. It
>> does not affect or display the settings of pkg.
>>
>> To check the configuration of "pkg-ports" perform a:
>> $ pkg info gcc5
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Torsten
>>

> Thanks. Where is the local portstree info stored ? My local (newly
> updated) ports gcc5-devel shows graphite enabled (see previous response),=
> thought a 'portsnap fetch update' would overwrite that, no ? Thanks (agai=
n)
> & TIA & have a good one ....

=E2=80=8B/var/db/ports=E2=80=8B/<portname>/options

That's the file that is read when you run "make showconfig" in a port
directory.  If the file doesn't exist, then it shows the default options
from the Makefile.

"make rmconfig" will remove that saved options file.  Then a "make
showconfig" will show you the default options for the port.

This is all detailed in "man ports".  :)

--=20
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com