Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 2015 13:45:51 -0700
From:      Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>
To:        Gokul Krishna <gokulkrishna334@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, "Wojciech A. Koszek" <wkoszek@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GSoC 2015: Port FreeBSD to a Smart phone

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Gokul Krishna <gokulkrishna334@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I am currently studying 2nd year of masters in embedded systems at KTH
> Royal institute of technology , Sweden.
> I have around 2 and half years of experience in embedded linux and device
> drivers projects. I have ported Linux for Arm targets like Atmel SoC and
> OMAP SoC chips.
> So Iam interested to take up this project , porting FreeBSD to a smart
> phone.
> So Let me come up with available options for older smart phone target CPU
> which do have free BSD support implemented.
>
> thanks and regards
> gokul

Sounds like a great project.  Might I suggest the Allwinner A10/A20?
It's cheap, mostly open (except for the Mali GPU), and available on a
highly hackable EOMA-68 form factor.  Best of all, our own Ganbold has
already made some progress on a FreeBSD port.

http://rhombus-tech.net/
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2012-December/004446.html

-Alan