Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 2009 02:37:37 +0000
From:      Andrew Hotlab <andrew.hotlab@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Builder for many architectures and releases

Hi to all.

A lot of new FreeBSD systems have appeared in my server farm since I starte=
d studying to where I could migrate from some MSFT-*sigh*-death technologie=
s=2C almost two years ago. Today the time and the bandwidth required to upd=
ate all FreeBSD servers (I use the source-based method) have grown so much =
that it make me feel guilty to waste the FreeBSD Project's donated resource=
s! :[

Thus=2C I looked for any documentation about setup a FreeBSD builder machin=
e which will track sources and build binaries for all the hardware platform=
 and OS releases I need to support in my network. I have found some interes=
ting articles (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2006/04/13/freebsd-build-sys=
tem.html - http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/small-=
lan.html)=2C but nothing which actually addresses my needs. So I started to=
 script an as-simple-as-possible solution using net/cvsup-mirror from the P=
orts=2C csup(1) to check out the sources and net/unfs3 to export "src" and =
"obj" directories for all architectures and release tags.

Before spending even more time on this self-made tool=2C I am asking if any=
one knows some docs or scripts which are just working=2C because I am not a=
 script master and I do not want to "reinvent the wheel" to do this job! :)

TIA

Andrew

Show them the way! Add maps and directions to your party invites.=20
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/events.aspx=