Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 22:51:27 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD support for Adaptec/Buslogic drivers

In message <199610310542.VAA29199@freefall.freebsd.org> "Justin
T. Gibbs" writes:
: The answer is "none" to all of the above.  Have you looked at the price on
: the AdvanSys 5142?  There is a driver, coming into current very soon
: (already on the 'SCSI' branch) for these cards.

None!  Yow!  OK, I've not seen the AdvanSys 5142.  The Siig that I saw
may have been a repackaged one of these, because now that I think of
it the number on it may have been x542 and x540.  It also had a bunch
of blank paint over artwork on the card, and labels over all of the
chips....  I'll have to double check and see.  That may be an option.
My friend may still have this card.

Then again, I just found for $179 an Adaptech 2940U with "no kit." so
maybe that might work for my friend.

Warner