Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 00:00:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Pete McNab <stillers@slip.net>
To:        eegmu@staff.communique.net (Erric Gilbert)
Cc:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FW:

> >mountmsdosfs(): Warning: root directory is not a multiple of the
> >clustersize in length<------ 2.
>
> 2. Is this a bad thing? I have the DOS partition mounted in /usr/dos and
> It is ReadOnly.

In my limited experience, yes, that is a bad thing.

My advice is, don't mount a drive if you get that error.  I got
it because I used FIPS to change my partition size.  The other night
I stayed up till 5am repartitioning and reinstalling Win95(twice...how
I hate them) and FreeBSD.

I mounted a FS and got that message, later, while doing a 'find',
ALL of my filesystem's got hosed.

This is under FreeBSD 2.1.0, by the way.

Pete