Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:06:06 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Nokia 6110 & Libretto

"Gianmarco Giovannelli" <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it> wrote:

>I have bought a Nokia 6110 gsm phone. It has an IR port and a modem (??)
>inside ...

It doesn't have a modem :-( You have to use either the Nokia Data
Suite (with FreeBSD? I don't think so) or a PCMCIA modem card that
supports the 61x0 phones.

The only phones I know that have built-in modems that you can use with
IRDA are the Nokia 8810 and the Ericsson SH888. The 8810 is
sufficiently tiny that it would go well with a Libretto :-)

Tony.
--
                    f.a.n.finch**waster
                                                    dot@dotat.at