Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:46:08 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        marka@isc.org, ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, avg@icyb.net.ua
Subject:   Re: cname replace in mail address? [off-topic] (Re: Attn Ronald Klop)

> Mandatory? I'm googling, but can't find a document that declares it
> mandatory and only sendmail seems to do it.
> I think it is lame to use DNS info to rewrite e-mail addresses, but the
> person who made it 'mandatory' will have good reasons for it.

Rewiting may not be mandatory, but it is certainly true that a domain
needs to have either an A record or an MX record to recieve email
according to the spec. Your has neither, and given the presence of
a CNAME then rewriting the address to use that CNAME doesnt seem like
an unreasonable thing to do.

You should add an MX record to that domain - but mixing MX and CNAME
is a fairly bad idea too (and that should be easily found in google).

-pete.