Date:      Mon, 5 May 2003 13:29:53 -0400
From:      "Robin P. Blanchard" <Robin.Blanchard@gactr.uga.edu>
To:        "David Wolfskill" <david@catwhisker.org>, <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Groff completely busted.

> I'm rather at a loss to understand how this is happening to you.
>=20
> I have been tracking -CURRENT on a daily basis, and have not=20
> had the problem.
>=20
> I have seen stuff like this when awk was changed (from gawk=20
> to the one-true-awk), because awk was used to build the boot loader.
>=20
> Perhaps it would be enough to be sure your=20
> /usr/src/contrib/groff is completely refreshed (as in "rm -fr=20
> /usr/src/contrib/groff" then update it via "cvs update" or=20
> CVSup, whichever suits), then=20
> "make world"?

I'm completely baffled as well...I've tried:

# cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/
# make clean && make cleandir && make obj && make depend && make all && =
make
install

And it's still busted...Then tried:

# /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/font/devascii/
# make clean all install

...still busted...

Going to try removing the groff sources completely, re-cvsup and build. =
Will
report shortly.