Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 2020 01:15:14 -0600
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS exports

On 29 Mar 2020, at 07:25, Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 06:39:54 -0600 "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com> =
wrote:
>> /mnt/backups -alldirs [IP address of remote machine]
>>=20
>> bad exports list line '/mnt/backups': symbolic link in export path or
>> statfs failed
>>=20
>> df -Ph shows:
>> /dev/ada1p1    217G     89G    110G    45%    /mnt/backup
>=20
> I notice that you are exporting /mnt/backups but the mount is =
/mnt/backup. =46rom the error message I speculate that /mnt/backups is a =
symlink to the actual mount point, change the export to match the mount =
and all should be well.

The extraneous =E2=80=99s=E2=80=99 was the issue, but there was no =
/mnt/backups folder or symlink. Error message is really misleading; =
=E2=80=9C/mnt/backups does not exist=E2=80=9D would be much better.

<increases font size on my terminal>

--=20
I've never seen religious faith move mountains, but I've seen what it
	does to skyscrapers.