Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:41:18 -0500
From:      "Karina Hoshiko XK (DF/TIM)" <karina.xk.hoshiko@ericsson.com>
To:        "'freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Question

Hi my name is Karina!

Yesterday someone put me in charge of a server (it seems that is a Firewall) with FreeBSD 4.2-Release version, the first thing I have told to do is to change de IP address and the defaultrouter, so I edited the next files:

/etc/hosts
/etc/rc.conf

And I rebooted the server so that the changes take effect. The first thing I did was to check if the changes were made, with the "ipconfig -a" command, and yes, the changes were made.  I only changed the IP address of one of the two interfaces (xI1). I don't know why but I keep receiving the next errors:

egw ipmon[55]:17:30:47.435327 xI1 @0:16 b 146.250.4.9 ---> 146.250.4.1 PR icmp len 20 21504 icmp 8/0 OUT
egw ipmon[55]:17:30:47.435327 xI1 @0:16 b 146.250.4.9 ---> 146.250.17.4,53 PR udp len 20 21504 icmp 8/0 OUT
egw /kernel:arp:146.250.4.1 is on xI1 but got reply from <ethernet address of interface xI0> on xI0

Where egw is the hostname
146.250.4.9 is the IP address of the interface xI1
146.250.4.1 is the defaultrouter
192.168.200.1 is the IP address of the interface xl0

This server has 2 network interfaces xI0 and xI1.

Can you please help me!!

Thanks in advance! =)

Karina Sayuri Hoshiko Escobedo
UNIX Administrator, Customer Access & RACOM Administration
Ericsson Telecom S.A. de C.V.
Ericsson Global IT Services SSC Mexico
Phone: (+52) 1103 0700
Fax: (+52) 1103 0708