Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:08:07 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's default DVD in /dev?

>On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 17:36, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> > I already created a first ports by myself, which it's Lumiere. It works
> > great, but just need some change in the options and fix a broke path of
> > image for the default of installtion without give the user have the
>trouble.
> > So, I don't have DVD, do anyone know what's default /dev for DVD?
>Current,
> > it's /dev/dvd in Lumiere's option..
>
>/dev/dvd is probably a good choice.  The DVD drive uses the same driver
>as the CD-ROM, so it could be /dev/acd0c, /dev/cd0c, etc.  In the
>multimedia section of the handbook, it talks about creating a symlink.

Ok, thanks! I will leave that /dev/dvd alone and tweak other options.
Because, some options are for Linux like RCT time and etc, so need to
disable/enable. It's like need to tweak two options.

> > BTW: I don't know if 0.4 version can be merge in the ports tree, because
>it
> > has bugs. Like, will get seg fault at every exit and few others. If
>anyone
> > wants this, I am happy to attach it in here later when I am finishing
>it.
>
>Have you tried debugging the crashes?  It may just be some Linux'isms
>like path mismatches.

Well, I am not programmer but I can try to do my best. The seg fault is
known problem to the author too, which this problem exist on Linux. In
website said:

--Avoid telling me it just segfaults, I know it does ;-)
--segfaults on exit, is that not normal?

I guess, he has no idea how to fix it at this moment.

Cheers,
Mezz