Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2012 00:37:36 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller230@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why Clang?

What is the current status of Clang vs. GCC as default compiler for ports and for
"make buildworld" and "make buildkernel" in HEAD and 9.0-STABLE?

Now one concern is wine not working when Clang is used to "make buildworld".

I see from reading the emailing lists that the intention is to make Clang the default (or only?) compiler suite for 10.0-RELEASE.

I realize that still leaves much time to work out many of the bugs.

Tom