Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 15:58:58 +0300
From:      "A. Tatsyuk" <alex_tats@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   anyone has experience mounting linux ext2 fs in FreeBSD?

I have both FreeBSD 4.2-RC1 and Linux Mandrake 8.0 installed on the same
hard drive. I want to mount standart linux ext2 file system in FreeBSD to
use X11 server, installed there (I think it's foolish to have one X11 for
Linux and second for FreeBSD, instead of using shared). But there is one
problem: i just can't mount it. I have compiled kernel with ext2fs support
("options EXT2FS"). But when I execute "mount_ext2fs /dev/ad0s2 /ext2fs"
(ad0s2 is node file to linux slice), I recieve the following error message:
"ext2fs: #ad/0x3002: wrong magic number 0x1d2r (expected 0xef53)". What is
the "magic number"? Maybe anyone has experience with situation similar to
mine (linux and freebsd are widely spread systems).