Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:25:02 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printing from NT to a FreeBSD printer via LPR fails

I have my printer working just great in FreeBSD, thankyou Garance, so now I am trying
to get the NT servers to print to it. They have lpr enabled and can
connect to the printer.
When I send a print test page the spooler starts then fails, NT printer
spooler window
shows printing - print failed. No messages are written to the
/var/lpd-errs file. lpc status
all shows all are printing and queuing is enabled. I have added the names
of the NT
machines to the /etc/hosts.lpd file and the /etc/hosts file (also tried
with ip addresses).
I've stopped and restarted the lpd daemon.
What am I missing?

--
Chip Wiegand
Computer Services

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
     --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corporation, 1977
 (They why do I have 9? Somebody help me!)