Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 1996 09:12:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      C Robertson <csr@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Hard Drive

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Julian Elischer wrote:

> boot the fixit disk
> (get one from someone else I guess)
> and 'dd' something over the harddisk to destroy the MBR

I can't.  I downloaded fixit.flp from the ftp site and used rawrite to
create the disk image.  When I try to run the fixit disk from the install
menu, it asks to put the disk in the drive and then tells me that it is
"Unable to mount fixit floppy  -  want to try again"  or something like that.

If what your telling me to do is erase the MBR, doesn't FDISK /MBR do
this?  I have already tried this and it doesn't help me at all.

I really miss my hard drive.

Chris