Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 1996 01:48:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
Cc:        RYAN DARBY <DARBY1@x400.telkom400.inca.za>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I remove boot manager as well?

> > Also, how do I get it to boot off a second (D) IDE drive,so I can have both
> > but on seperate drives?

> Don't know about 2.0.5 (anybody else does???) but in 2.1.0, you can....

When I had 2.0.5, I made my second IDE drive the only drive, did the
install, and then set it back to slave and put it back in my box with my
DOS disk as master. Then to boot FreeBSD, I used a floppy. Not the most
elegant way to do it, but it works.

An even better way is to get 2.1.5.   2.0.5 will probably continue to
present problems well into the future.

Ken Marsh