Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 1995 22:28:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   error compile libkvm *-current

Hi...

	Compile error, and I can't seem to see a problem in the
include file itself.

	I can't think of much more detail to throw into here, so, if
anyone can think of what I'm missing, it would be appreciate to point
me in that direction...

	...of course, unless it is a bug?  But I'm faster to assume
its something I'm overlooking :(

Error:

===> lib/libkvm
cc -O -DLIBC_SCCS -I/sys -I/usr/src/include -c kvm.c -o kvm.o
In file included from /sys/vm/pmap.h:87,
                 from /sys/vm/vm.h:65,
                 from /sys/sys/user.h:52,
                 from kvm.c:43:
/usr/include/machine/pmap.h:151: parse error before `simple_lock_data_t'
/usr/include/machine/pmap.h:151: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/machine/pmap.h:154: parse error before `}'
In file included from /sys/sys/user.h:52,
                 from kvm.c:43:
/sys/vm/vm.h:75: field `vm_pmap' has incomplete type
*** Error code 1

Include File section:

/*
 * Pmap stuff
 */

struct pmap {
        pd_entry_t              *pm_pdir;       /* KVA of page directory */
        boolean_t               pm_pdchanged;   /* pdir changed */
        short                   pm_dref;        /* page directory ref count */
        short                   pm_count;       /* pmap reference count */
        simple_lock_data_t      pm_lock;        /* lock on pmap */
        struct pmap_statistics  pm_stats;       /* pmap statistics */
        long                    pm_ptpages;     /* more stats: PT pages */
};

typedef struct pmap     *pmap_t;

Definition for simple_lock_data_t looks right (/usr/include/vm/lock.h):

/*
 *      A simple spin lock.
 */

struct slock {
        int lock_data;          /* in general 1 bit is sufficient */
};

typedef struct slock simple_lock_data_t;
typedef struct slock *simple_lock_t;

Marc G. Fournier | Knowledge, Information and Communications, Inc (ki.net)
scrappy@hub.org  |
 soon to be:     |
scrappy@ki.net   | For more information, send me email.