Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 22:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Linda Pedersen <lgp@cyberelf.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: animated gif.

On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Doug White wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
> > Does anybody know how to make an animated gif?
> > Is there a FreeBSD software to create an animated gif?
> >

> > animated gif:
> > A gif that referenced by netscape produces an animated image.
>
> I think you're thinking of server-push animations (where repeated GIFs
> are downloaded to the client repeatedly).
>
> I don't know how to implement them (other than they are probably done by
> repeatedly reloading the page), and frankly, I don't mind not knowing
> either :-)

There is server push, gif89 animated gifs and Java. There is no Java
enable Netscape port for FreeBSD that I know of, so if you want to view
your animation, you may want to try one of the others. You can make
a server push script pretty easily with Perl, but the easiest way if
you don't want to do the programming is make a gif animation. There is
a way to save several gifs in one. See

http://members.aol.com/royalef/gifanim.htm

for details.

--Linda

* Linda Pedersen             *  CyberElf Web Page Design                *
* President, CyberElf Inc    *         Come visit us at                 *
* lgp@cyberelf.com           *                http://www.cyberelf.com   *