Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 1996 17:00:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      yossman <yossman@yoss.canweb.net>
To:        Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
Cc:        Bryan Koen <bkoen@mindspring.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Win95

if you are using Windows 95 OSR2 (OEM Service Release 2) and are using
their stupid VFAT32 filesystem you will not be able to have any other
operating system on the same harddrive; it will have to be on another drive.

way to go Microsoft.

yossman

On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Nadav Eiron wrote:

> Bryan Koen wrote:
> >
> > What is the proper order/way to install FreeBSD and Win95 so that they
> > co-exist peacefully?
> >
> > Bryan Koen
> > Engineer
> > MindSpring Enterprises
>
> What would usually work best is:
> 1.Partition your disk(s) into separate slices (partitions) for Win95 and
> FreeBSD (actually, create the Win95 slice, leaving enough space
> unpartitioned on the disk, unless you use separate disks).
>
> 2. Install Win95.
>
> 3. Install FreeBSD telling it to install the boot manager (BootEasy) on
> the first disk.
>
> That's it!
>
> For more info you may want to take a look at the tutorial at:
> http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/multios/multios.html
>
> Nadav

Yossarian Holmberg (yossman)			yossman@canweb.net
System Administrator, National On-Line		http://www.canweb.net/

'... and if i die, before i learn to speak, can money pay for all the
days i've lived awake but half asleep?' -- Primitive Radio Gods,
"Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand"