Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 12:22:54 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wget

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> But wget doesn't seem to have a good option to exclude export restricted
> stuff. It has -X list (where list is a list of directories to exclude).
> That means one has to know the complete paths beforehand. This ain't
> no good when a new SNAP appears with des or secure directories in it.
> They would be fetched unless e clever script would determine the exclude
> list and pass it to wget dynamically.

I posted a few weeks ago a request for comments on moving des out of the
basic distribution so that you would have
2.2-RELEASE/des/ -> ../des/2.2-RELEASE/

This would solve the problem.  Unfortunately, the silence was quiet
deafening.  However, Jordan *could* take the silence to be 0% complaints
from the USA people.  Jordan did expect the USA mirrors to cry out
against this, but phht!  Nothing!

Christof, please voice your agreement for my suggestion.  It is probably
too late for 2.2-RELEASE, but better late than never.

That said, there *is* a -X flag in wget which allows you to exclude
directories.

regards,

Danny