Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 11:36:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        MDG <albertodegiorgi@iol.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question not related to FreeBSD ( but please read it )

> Sooner or later I'll have to reinstall that buggy win98 on my PC. It now
> occupies one of the two slices my HD has been split in. I've got FreeBSD
> installed in the other. I'm worried about the win98 installation process ( I've
> never run it before ) : will it respect the MBR configuration data or will it
> destroy everything's on my HD ? The win98 handbook says nothing about that.

	Windows will destroy your MBR. It won't kill your FreeBSD
partition, but it'll probally want to do so. (Found unformatted drive,
Format? or something like that probally.) Once you've got it installed
you'll have to boot off of a FreeBSD boot/install disk and set up your
slices again, maybe add in BootMGR if you want.

						Rick