Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:42:05 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Craig Shaver <craig@progroup.com>
Cc:        Karl Denninger <karl@Mcs.Net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Karl fulminates, film at 11. == thanks

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Craig Shaver wrote:

> Karl Denninger wrote:
> del ....
>
> Just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for kicking the freebsd core
> team in the butt for security concerns.  I am not sure your suggestions
> are the best way to resolve the problems with security, but it may make
> some people think about the problems instead of just ignoring them.
>
> I have to admit, when I saw that crt.o had a security hole I was ready
> to dump freebsd and head straight for the nearest linux cd.  I imagine
> that those in the ISP business are even more concerned.

	Geez, considering the number of *holes* that Linux has as
far as security is concerned...

	...have fun Karl :)

NOTE: This is based on experience with Linux in a very limited way.
      A friend runs Linux and Solaris (with a FreeBSD box I slapped in)
      and has more problems with breakin's on the Linux box then on any
      other OS :(