Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 13:14:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adding an Adaptec 1510A

I have a system running an Adaptec 2940.  I'd like to add an Epson scanner
that needs an external SCSI2 interface.  It comes with an Adaptec 1510A
card.  However, when the machine boots up, I get the messages from the
2940 and it identifies its devices, but I never see anything from the 1510
card.  Shouldn't it also ID itself and the scanner?  Is there something
special to make the cards coexist?  I've tried to make sure that the
interrupt does not conflict with anything else.