Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:57:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
Cc:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pine/Sendmail error

You can get this error if /etc/mail/submit.cf is missing.

In my case I got there because mergemaster defaults the source tree to
"/usr/src" rather than the current directory. On systems with an empty
/usr/src, mergemaster does the "right" (e.g., what I think it should
do) thing if the current directory is /usr/ ... /src/etc.

At least the man page should change, but that is a discussion for another
list.