Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 20:17:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTC regulating use of registrations

This a questions list, after all. Who else to express concerns except
people whose opinions you respect. I happen to agree with Wes. And, I
think our overseas friends could offer quite a bit of insight.

These threads don't last long -- why not just delete the ones you don't
want to read.

-- Jay

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, M. L. Dodson wrote:

->
->How about everyone keep their political opinions off this discussion
->group, and we will all be happier (especially the subscribers from
->outside the USA).
->
->Bud Dodson
->(Living in the USA, but not liking political corruption of a questions
->mailing list).
->
->>
->> > You're close.  The real problem is the damned Clintons, er, liberals
->> > think they can raise our children "better" than we can, and want to
->> > control this (and all other) aspects of our lives.  I'm truly sick and
->> > tired of this "It takes a village to raise a child" crap - it takes a
->> > Mommie and Daddy who care about, and CARE FOR the child.  If the child
->> > is downloading pornography or talking to strangers on the net, the child
->> > needs to get his or her shell set to 'nologin', amongst other corrective
->> > behavior.
->> >
->> >
->> > Wes Peters                                                       Softweyr LLC
->> > http://www.xmission.com/~softweyr                       softweyr@xmission.com
->>
->> soapbox mode=ON
->>
->> Hey Wes, give us Liberals a break.  I must be from the old school.
->> Shell set to nologin hell.  What about a hand applied to the rear end.
->> It isn't a Liberal versus conservative thing.  It's an "I'm too busy
->> with my pretentious lifestyle to parent" thing.
->>
->> There's actually something to this "It takes a village" stuff.  When I was
->> a kid if any neighbors caught me doing anything that I shouldn't do
->> they would have called my folks and my folks would've nailed me.
->>
->> Now they just turn the other way or whine to the child welfare authorities.
->>
->> My mother was a teacher for 30 years in both nice, wealthy suburbs and
->> Bedford Stuyvesant and Brownsville New York (pretty tough inner city
->> areas).
->>
->> When she called the parents of a kid in NY -- both parents, who couldn't
->> afford to miss work showed up.  In the suburbs, the mother of one kid
->> asked to have the parent teacher conference moved from Wednesday, because
->> "It's my tennis day."
->>
->> Gimme a break!
->>
->> soapbox mode=off
->>
->> We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming already in progress.
->>
->> Bill
->>  Bill Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 | 908-389-3592
->>  pechter@lakewood.com | Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.
->>  This msg brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.
->>
->
->--
->M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
->409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790
->