Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:06:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>
Cc:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>, Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Emacs in a new world :-(

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Tom Bartol wrote:

> I'm having the same problem here with emacs and xemacs. I haven't noticed
> anything else giving trouble.  My system is running -current as of 12/1.

I don't know if it means anything to you or not, but I run current, and
I'm beginning to use emacs/xemacs in a big way, due to a big lisp project
I have to do, and they both work fine.  I've recently recompiled both,
tho, when I finally began using them  (the lisp environment is so damn
much better if you use emacs to access CMU lisp, there's no competition).

> Tom
>

> On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:
>
> > Jean-Marc Zucconi wrote:
> > >
> > > I just rebooted after a make world, and now emacs core dumps when it
> > > starts (I am still at version 19.34).
> > > Any idea on what broke it? (probably a library change)
> >
> > It happens to me too...  I haven't notice it before because I don't use
> > it too much (xed is enough for me :-)
> >

> > --
> >
> > Regards...
> >
> > Gianmarco