Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 1997 10:11:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   _POSIX_SAVED_IDS

I was compiling a program (Kerberos 5) on BSD/OS a couple days ago and
found that I was running in to trouble because BSDI's setreuid() doesn't
work very well (it seems that once you get to root, you can't switch to
another user), so just for kicks I decided to go compare the BSDI
setreuid() with the one from FreeBSD.

Anyway, along the way I found that kern/kern_prot.c seems to be fully
loaded with #ifdefs for _POSIX_SAVED_IDS, but _POSIX_SAVED_IDS is not
defined by default.

Is it just because not everything is up to handling a saved-id setuid()?

Evan