Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 12:24:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        "I'khala" <ikhala@osibisa.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UltraAX Reference manuals??

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, I'khala wrote:

> Does Sun publish any hardware or software reference manuals along the
> lines of those published by intel for there processor family?  If so
> when will they be available for the UltraAX? (if they aren't already)
> My background is mostly with pc's, but I'm working more with Suns and
> I'd like to get mor info on their h/w and programming interface ...

The UltraAX is a particular board, for which there is an OEM technical
manual.  The problem there is that I've got one of the only two copies
I've ever seen.

As for the UltraSPARC processor, yes there's a manual.  I don't have a
copy with me, but it is a relatively complete (definitely useful) manual.

Does anyone know where external info for Sun manuals can be found (this
needs to go into the FAQ)? I just walk down to the lit room and grab a
copy...

Jason

Jason Evans
Email: [jasone@canonware.com]
Home phone: [(650) 856-8204]
Work phone: [(408) 774-8007]
Quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration" - Thomas Edison]