Date:      Sun, 5 Apr 1998 12:36:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b-L1-F_ill:What is this? (fwd)

> Does this trick work w/o I4B_SMP_WORKAROUND?
> Please apply this patch:

I was running a kernel with the patch and I4B_SMP_WORKAROUND yesterday
without any trouble (except for the error messages that I already posted).
Today I am running a kernel without I4B_SMP_WORKAROUND and it seems to
work just the same, i.e. the workaround has absolutely no effect on the
operation of i4b on my machine.

So it seems like the patch fixed the problem. Now my questions is, is this
patch only a "test" or can it be applied to the i4b source tree in the
future, i.e. does it only work on my (and possibly some other machines)
but breaks something on other machines? Is anybody else running the same
patch without problems?

Blaz Zupan, blaz@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia