Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 08:03:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Annnonce: Transparent proxy patches

:> ipfw add 2 fwd localhost,25 tcp from any to any 23 in recv ed0

Alright, it took me awhile, but I just figured out the format.  Kind of
confusing. (I was thinking you forwarding it outside the network, that
screwed my thinking up, then I would just recomend "datapipe".

:> #gobble
:> ipfw add 2 fwd localhost tcp from any to any 80 in
:>
:> I believe Linux has had this for a short while..

Julian, you completely lost me here.  Is this to forward any incoming tcp
connection to port 80 (http)?  If not, please explain what it would do.
Also, can you give me a scenario where that would be useful?  I can
understand some of it being used, for example

ipfw add 1 allow tcp from any to any 23 in
ipfw add 2 fwd localhost tcp from any to any 80 in

Allow telnet, and everything else goes to http.  If I am seeing this
wrong, please tell me.

    |          ////   "Anything I say represents only my opinion."    |
    | |                      BRANDON LOCKHART                       | |
    |  brandon.lockhart@usinternetworking.com     brandon@engulf.net  |
    |  Work: (410) 897-4551                    Pager: (888) xxx-xxxx  |