Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 19:05:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.maxbaud.net>
To:        Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
Cc:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bmccane security check output

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Harlan Stenn wrote:

> I think a sendmail process is running just about the same time your find is
> running, and in between the time "find" grabs the directory block and
> actually gets around to those files, the sendmail process has finished with
> them and they're either gone or "different".

??? This doesn't parse.  The files it is complaining about right now are
all in my /lkm directory.  These files haven't been changed since my last
make world.  But I have been having this problem since May.  Also, if I do
an 'ls' of /lkm I get the following on stderr:

# ls /lkm >/dev/null
ls: null_mod.o: Bad file descriptor
ls: pcic_mod.o: Bad file descriptor
ls: portal_mod.o: Bad file descriptor
ls: procfs_mod.o: Bad file descriptor

I am only using one of these (procfs), so it would not be because the
files are open and damaged.  Plus, it is consistent.  What are the odds
that a task causing this problem is running every time I try to ls the
directory?

	brian