Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 00:49:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Artur Grabowski <art@stacken.kth.se>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@internetpaper.com>, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG, FreeBSD advocacy list <FreeBSD-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>, advocacy@openbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Merging Net/Free/Open-BSD together against Linux

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, ADRIAN Filipi-Martin wrote:

> 	So, again, who would like to participate on such a project,
> scanctioned by a *BSD core team, or not?  The michanics of the process are
> fairly straight forward, but they are time intensive.

	Just an addendum to my previous message.  If you think you would
be interested in helping on such a task, send me your address off-line.
I'll save them.

	If there is suficcient interest/manpower to make it more than a
one-man show, I'll set up a 3-way CVS mirror at UVa or maybe a local ISP.
We can tag an initial starting point and start merging into one of the
three trees.  If this bears fruit we can then re-merge any recent changes
and make it a new baseline for userland.  (Yes, there is undoubtedly a lot
more to consider, but it's a start.)

	I think minimally, there would need to be two people from each
group.  I am best counted as a FreeBSD'er.  Are there five others?

	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]