Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:52:57 +0100 (CET)
From:      Hans Huebner <hans@Huebner.ORG>
To:        Frank Louwers <frank@zeus.rug.ac.be>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Project Status

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Frank Louwers wrote:

> I know this is not the place to ask, but the webpages didn't help me either!
> How good is freebsd/alpha? Is it stable?

> Do "normal" UNIX apps (like apache, tcsh, sendmail, screen, WindowMaker)
> compile without messing with the source?

I have not tried WM, but I have successfully made a world on my AXPpci with
apache, tcsh, sendmail, screen and KDE-1.1.  Everything worked like it works
on PC's, nothing special.  The only bad thing is that there is no egcs-port
for FreeBSD/alpha yet.  This will propably change.

The machine is stable (running rc5days since 20 days) and did not show any
abnomalies.  Go for it if you feel like abandoning Intels 8)

-Hans