Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 15:18:49 +1000 (EST)
From:      Simon Coggins <simon@oz.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FD Limits in current.

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to up the FD limits in -current. I've set
login.conf to set it to 4196 but all my shells and roots shells say 1000
only. Setting it using limit says hard limit exceeded. I currently have
users set to 30 in the config file. There use to be an OPEN_FILES option in
the config file but thats removed..

How do we do it now?

Regards
Simon