Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:19:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   More pathetic cries...

I just can't buy a break today.  I got past the Neomagic 'X' barrier, only
to run up against the network configuration.

I'm using a 3Com589D card, one that has worked in the past.  What is
strange is I insert the card, it probes successfully, I see the little
green led on the network connector go on, and then once the MAC address is
picked up and dumped to /var/log/messages, the little light goes out...and
I have no network.

This is pretty vague, but does it mean anything to anybody?  I can't
imagine what I'm doing wrong just now.

Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian Handy                             Mail:  handy@physics.montana.edu
Department of Physics                   Phone: (406) 994-6317