Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:00:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      freebsduser <freebsduser@earthlink.net>
To:        Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Usage of resources.

Risking sounding like an ass, I'm not sure what your looking for.  Your
server is handling less than 26,000 hits a day, has no load, and is only
using 1/3 the memory in the system.  In another response you said the
server response is good.

It doesn't seem like the server even knows its on let alone stressing to
handle requests.  Back in the day (about 3 years ago) I had a single
PentiumPro 200 with 96M RAM (and multiple disks) handling about 500,000
hits (not to include graphics) and pushing about 10gig of data (not to
include graphics) a day.  Each page ran 2 server side includes for page
header and footer generation.  Apache was configured to run 265 concurrent
servers which it hit by 10am (have you configured enough servers for
yours??). When I left that office the server was just feeling the stress
due to the small amount of RAM.

You server should have a long way to go before you need to do some serious
optimization.  Make sure your kernel is optimized for the servers purpose
and make sure the apache configuration is clean.

I probably didn't help so I'll go now.

C-ya

Scott