Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 21:12:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Firewall + IPNAT

Until recently I had a 486 running OpenBSD v2.3 as the gateway/firewall
for my home network.  OpenBSD provides /sbin/ipnat for address
translation, and /sbin/ipf to take care of the firewall.  Both
applications run in kernel-land.

For performance reasons, I wiped OpenBSD and installed FreeBSD 3.0.  Now,
I'm looking for the tools to run the translation and firewalling again.
I've managed to find /sbin/ipf and /sbin/ipnat, however, I can't find the
necessarry kernel options in the LINT kernel.

I'd like to stick with ipf & ipnat because I'm familiar with their
operation.  Can someone help me out here?